We continue our discussion of Morgellons disease with an extremely itchy discussion not for the faint of heart. After learning about itch nerves and the dangers of scratching, J. J. postulates a theory about Morgellons, itch disorders, and what they may have in common with Fibromyalgia. We finish with discussion of other diseases such as Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
- List of Questionable Diseases via Wikipedia
- “The Itch” by Atul Gawande. Thenewyorker.com. June 30, 2008.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and Fibromyalgia
- Multiple Chemical Senstivity via Wikipedia
- “Double-blind placebo-controlled provocation study in patients with subjective Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) and matched control subjects” by Susanna Bornschein, et. al. Clinical Toxicology. 2008, Vol. 46, No. 5 : Pages 443-449
- Symptoms from “Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. What is it?” by multiplechemicalsensitivity.org
- “Pavlovian conditioning and multiple chemical sensitivity” by S. Siegel and R. Kreutzer. Environmental Health Perspectives. March, 1997; 105(Suppl 2): 521–526
- Fibromyalgia from “History of Fibromyalgia: Past to Present” by Fatma Inanici, M.D. and Muhammad B. Yunus, M.D. Current Pain and Headache Reports. October 8, 2004.
- “Safe” (1995) film starring Julianne Moore.
Music used in this podcast:
Momentum Project – “Ninety Six”
Muddywalkers – “Maracas y Triangulo”
Nancyeford – “Bees”
NegaNote – “Negative Silence”
Nick Jaina – “I’ll Become Everything”