In this second installation of our Aileen Wuornos series we detail her descent into violent crime. After filling in a bit more detail of Aileen’s life in Florida, we chat about how she met the love of her life: Tyria Moore. Then we move on to discussing her victims from the first, Richard Mallory, to the final victim, Walter Antonio.
Then listen to the thrilling take-down of Aileen at the hands of intrepid detectives Bucket and Drums. Finally, we conclude with a discussion as to whether Aileen had a serial killer signature.
- Aileen Carol WUORNOS – Victims via Murderpedia.org.
- “The Case of Aileen Wuornos – The Facts” from http://www.capitalpunishmentincontext.org. No listed author or last updated date.
- “Aileen Carol Wuornos” from http://www.clarkprosecutor.org. No listed author or last updated date. (See for the tale of Bucket and Drums!)
- “Female Serial Killers: How and Why Women Become Monsters” by Peter Vronsky. Berkley Books, New York. 2007. Pps. 139 – 145.
- “Author gets story on Florida female serial killer Aileen ‘Lee’ Wuornos” Interview between Times-Union staff and Sue Russell. The Florida Times-Union. 8 October 2002.
- Initial account of Richard Mallory’s Death as informed by Aileen Carol Wuornos, Appelant, vs. State of Florida, Appellee” Florida Supreme Court Records. No. 79,484. 22 September 1994. p. 1.
- “An Ex-wife Feels Loss, Fears Future” by Kevlin Hare of The Orlando Sentinel. 2 February 1991.
- “Charles Carskaddon” by ‘Lindsey Boswell’. www.lindseyboswell.weebly.com.
- “Wuornos vs. State” Florida Supreme Court Records. No. 81466. 5 June 1996.
- “Victim’s kin plan to pass on Wuornos’ execution” by Chase Squires of The St. Petersburg Times. 9 October 2002.
- “Peter Siems” by ‘Lindsey Boswell’. www.lindseyboswell.weebly.com.
- See interview with Sue Russell linked above.
Eugene Troy Burress
- “Troy Burress” by ‘Lindsey Boswell’. www.lindseyboswell.weebly.com.
- “Dick Humphreys” by ‘Lindsey Boswell’. www.lindseyboswell.weebly.com.
- “Serial killer Wuornos executed by injection” by Lise Fisher and Karen Voyles of The Gainsville Sun. 1o October 2002.
Analysis and Discussion
- “Serial Killer Signatures” by Katherine Ramsland. www.psychologytoday.com. 4 December 2013.
- “Sexual Violence Against Women and a Woman’s Right to Self-Defense: The Case of Aileen Wuornos” by Phyllis Chesler. Criminal Practice Law Report. October 1993.
- Police Sketches of Aileen Wuornos and Tyria Moore. 4 July 1990.
- Photographs of the victims via Murderpedia.org.
Music used in this podcast:
Satellite Ensemble – Chase Down
Podington Bear – Nocturne Op 27, No. 1
Podington Bear – Dark Water